Wednesday, November 14, 2007

First Post: My Second Beaujolais Nouveau!

Tomorrow is the release date of the 2007 Beaujolais Nouveau! This event inspires excitement and anticipation in some, boredom and shunning in others. For me, it’s a sort of anniversary.

It was this time last year I was contemplating what wine to get for Thanksgiving. As I was working out in my company fitness room, a segment on wines came on the noon news. They talked about what wines to pair with the turkey and cranberries and I made some mental notes. Then, they ended with a discussion about something I had never heard about: Beaujolais Day! Apparently November was known for another wine event: the annual release of the first wine of the harvest.

My mental notepad was full, so I decided to look up Beaujolais Nouveau on the Internet when I got a chance. This act of investigating a wine I knew nothing about began what I hope is a life long pursuit of wine knowledge. I soon found wine blogs and education sites of a caliber I had not known in coin collecting, astronomy or guitar (some of my other interests.) When I stumbled on WineLibrary TV and watched a couple of episodes featuring Gary Vay-ner-chuk, I was hooked.

I hope to share my pursuit of the purple liquid (and white.) I don’t know what value I can add to a wine world that has so many great contributors. But maybe as I stumble along, you can share your knowledge and passions about wine and we’ll both learn together.

Can’t wait to try the 2007 Beaujolais Nouveau! Can’t wait for another year of wine drinking!!!

4 comments:

David McDuff said...

OS,
Gathering wine knowledge is indeed a lifelong pursuit. Here's to you joining the fray! Welcome to the wine blogging world.
cheers,
David

Orion Slayer said...

David,
Thanks! Your the first person to comment in my blog, I appreciate it!

Dr. Debs said...

Where did my comment go?? I'll be back regularly to check out what you're drinking and to see what you think of it!

Sonadora said...

Welcome Orion Slayer! After all your comments I am looking forward to reading your blog!

Click to Watch WLTV

The latest wine library TV

Changing the wine world.